- Set up your router
- Manage permissions, set administrators and managed devices
- See if any unauthorized users are accessing your network and block them if necessary
- Parental control function with schedule and URL-based Internet access management
- Access files and media from router-connected USB flash drives
- Support Android 2.3.3 and above
To get started with Tether, be sure you are connected to one of our compatible routers below:
Archer C7, TL-WDR4900, TL-WDR4300, TL-WDR3600, TL-WDR3500
Many more coming soon! ( Archer C5)
* Upgrade firmware is required. Only English firmware is supported, other language firmware is coming soon.
Setting up your Router with Tether
Straight out of the box, use Tether to set up your new TP-LINK router listed in the compatible routers list above. Setup SSID, password and Internet settings to get online in no time!
Managing Administrators with Tether
Tether lets you designate which of your devices or users gets to control the router and permissions that come with that. Set up an administrator device and choose the devices to be managed to apply permissions however you see fit!
Live Network Management Access with Tether
Tether will give you an overview of who is connected to the router; see someone who shouldn’t be there? Tether also lets you block them from your network at the touch of a button. Say goodbye to Wi-Fi hogging strangers!
Keeping Children Safe from Harmful Content with Tether
Using a URL-based ‘white list’, you can determine which sites are safe to visit (and in so doing, prevent access to those that aren’t), while also limiting access to the network during certain times of day for your children’s devices, so bed time - means bed time!
Streaming Router-Connected Files and Media to your Devices
Tether allows you to detect and stream media files on USB hard drives or flash disks connected to your router, to your android devices.
• Supported photo formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP.
• Supported audio and video formats: depended on what formats are supported on the smartphone.
Tags: wr941nd tethering, tl-mr3420 tethering, tp-link tether, tp-link usb mobile tethering, configure tp-link router phone, tp-link's tether, tplink nexus usb.
New in version 1.1:
- Fixed the bug that force close in some devices, such as: Nexus 4 (Android 4.3);
- Various improvements, more stable and efficient.